Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Boulder Rolling


When I was a young teenager I used to holiday at a friends house in Jindabyne. Often this was with my good friend Hamish. Hamish and I, when we weren't skiing, would find things to do like smash trees to bits with large boulders. We also took to rolling large boulders down hills. One day, we rolled a large boulder down a hill, just outside the main road. The boulder proceeded to roll straight into the road and into the oncoming path of the traffic. Fortunately, it continued to roll straight across the road and down the hill on the other side. The next boulder we attempted to roll, ended up rolling back onto Hamish's foot and was only removed by a great deal of adrenalin and pain charged effort on our part.

At nightime it was Hamish and my responsibility to start the fire and cook all the steaks. We would sit outside in the freezing cold and look at the stars and feel the warmth on our faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment